October Tuesday Afternoon Yoga Camp
Time & Location
About the Event
This is a great way to supplement your child's at-home learning during COVID! Your kiddo gets some quality movement, outdoor, creative, and peer time, all while practicing gratitude and dialing in their coping skills. (This camp WILL NOT take time for school work- our full day class and half day class will.
Would you like your child to learn simple relaxation techniques to help calm the body and manage strong feelings? Or practice positive thinking to help gain confidence in their abilities? How about learning physical exercises that increase attention and self control? Or even developing community and experiencing support in a group with opportunities to both lead and follow?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this camp is for your kiddo!! We will be moving our bodies through yoga poses, outdoor play, and fun social-emotional learning games including social justice themes! We will also be making related, sustainable crafts, taking time for a snack, and enjoying a short reflective period.
This camp is FOUR weeks long and meets for two hours on Tuesdays (1:30-3:30). This afternoon class is for 4-9 year olds. (Kids older than 9 are welcome with a younger sibling). The class will be geared towards the age of students that are registered. Older campers will have the opportunity (if they desire) to practice leadership in COVID-safe assistant roles throughout the day. Students should wear a MASK, comfortable clothes and bring a water bottle, and a snack. More COVID specific guidelines are listed at the bottom of this class description). Sunscreen and a sun hat are recommended for outdoor time. Rain gear and warm coats are recommended as the weather changes. Yoga mats and props will be provided.
***When registering your child, please choose the ticket amount that works for your family. Donation choices too high? Email us at the address below so we can find an amount that works for you utilizing our partial to full scholarships. We are a Pay-It forward donation studio, which means we will accept any student regardless of abilty to pay. If there is space, no child will be turned away. On most of our events there is an additional Pay-it-forward option you can choose to add to your ticket cost. Offering lower or no cost health and wellness events to everyone helps stengthen our community as a whole. When you generously pay-it-forward through your donation, you are a direct part of that strengthening. If you wish to pay by cash or check, please use the email below to arrange registration and payment. If you register online you will immediately receive a confirmation email. Everyone, regardless of how you registered, will receive another email a few days before camp starts, detailing day-of-camp information.
Registering multiple children from the same family? Use code MultiKids at checkout to save $10 off your registration!!!!
WAIT LIST: In the event that a class is full, use the email below to be added to our wait list. If space becomes available, you will be notified right away.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Fees will be refunded if cancellation is made THREE (3) weeks prior to the program start. In all cases a 10% administrative fee will be retained. COVID-SPECIFIC CANCELLATION POLICY: Any class absences due to covid, suspected covid, or any illness will be credited to the following months session or refunded to your original form of payment.
Questions or concerns? Email me at email@example.com
Yoga Shack Covid Safety Guidelines
To avoid spread of the virus and maintain consistency, we are asking that families commit to the model below.
- Groups will be maintained to 4 or less children (or 7-8 if there are siblings attending- 4 families MAX).
- Class will primarily be held outdoors when possible to reduce exposure.
- Drop-off and pick up will be carpool-style in the alley behind The Yoga Shack. Caregivers and non-campers MUST remain in the vehicle while children are being checked in at The Yoga Shack’s back gate.
- If your child is showing ANY kind of illness symptoms- no matter how minor- DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO CAMP THAT DAY. You will be reimbursed for days missed due to illness or suspected illness.
- If you have traveled to a COVID hotspot or out of state within the past week, please do not send your child to camp that week.
- The Yoga Shack will take each child’s temperature as they arrive- documenting it as their sign-in. Any temp over 100 degrees F will not be allowed at camp that day. If it is the child’s first time at the Yoga Shack or they are simply feeling nervous about attending, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a private tour of the camp space BEFORE their camp day.
- Hand washing will be required upon arrival.
- Hand sanitizing and washing will be taught to your child and practiced regularly throughout the day.
- "Airplane arms" will be taught and utilized throughout the day, especially during transitions, to help remind campers of the distance needed between them.
- Staff are required to wear a mask, and child(ren) are required to have one with them and encouraged to wear as much as possible. Masks are required when indoors and when working in group focused activities outdoors. Masks are only allowed to be removed when children are working at 6 ft or more distance from others.
- Children will have individualized art/supply packs (to avoid sharing).
- Camp or group materials will be sanitized after each use.
- All touched surfaces will be thoroughly sanitized after each camp and cleaned regularly, as much as possible, throughout the day.
- Staff First Aid kits will now include extra masks, hand sanitizer, gloves etc.
- The Yoga Shack will stay abreast to any changes in the Larimer Public Health recommendations.
- The Yoga Shack reserves the right to postpone or cancel camp at any time.
- If a camper or staff member is diagnosed with COVID or waiting on COVID test results, The Yoga Shack may close for up to two weeks to help eliminate further exposure to the community. Any days cancelled will be reimbursed to Caregivers in a timely fashion.
We will be updating this page as decisions are made to assure safety and well-being of camp attendees!
- Oct Yoga Camp afternoon $80$80$800$0
- Oct Yoga Camp afternoon $85$85$850$0