Tue, Sep 01|
The Yoga Shack
Tuesday Morning Yoga Camp
Fun on Tuesday mornings (8:30-12:30) for your 4-9 year old. Yoga poses, SEL games, related crafts, social justice, school work, & free and outdoor time Class size is limited to 4 kids (or 4 families). See "About the Event" on the registration page for payment options and COVID-related protocols.
Time & Location
Sep 01, 2020, 8:30 AM – Sep 29, 2020, 12:30 PM
The Yoga Shack, 1122 W Oak St, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
About the Event
This is a great way to supplement your child's at-home learning during COVID! Your kiddo gets some quality movement, school, outdoor, creative, and peer time, all while practicing gratitude and dialing in their coping skills. While you get an opportunity to bring some routine back (and some space for yourself!) without committing to a full-time schedule!
Would you like your child to learn simple relaxation techniques to help calm the body and manage strong feelings? Or practice positive thinking to help gain confidence in their abilities? How about learning physical exercises that increase attention and self control? Or even developing community and experiencing support in a group with opportunities to both lead and follow?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this camp is for your kiddo!! We will be moving our bodies through yoga poses, outdoor play, and fun social-emotional learning games. We will also be making related, sustainable crafts, taking time for a snack, eating lunch, working independently on school work, and enjoying a short reflective period.
This camp is five weeks long and meets for four hours on Tuesdays (8:30-12:30). This morning class is for 4-9 year olds. (Kids older than 9 are welcome with a younger sibling). The class will be geared towards the age of students that are registered. Older campers will have the opportunity, if they desire, to practice leadership in COVID-safe assistant roles throughout the day. Students should wear a MASK, comfortable clothes and bring their school work including electronic device, a water bottle, full lunch and a snack. More COVID specific guidelines are listed at the bottom of this class description. Sunscreen and a sun hat are recommended for outdoor time. Rain gear and warm coats are recommended as the weather changes. Yoga mats and props will be provided.
***When registering your child, please choose the ticket amount that works for your family. Donation choices too high? Email us at the address below so we can find an amount that works for you utilizing our partial to full scholarships. We are a Pay-It forward donation studio, which means we will accept any student regardless of abilty to pay. If there is space, no child will be turned away. On most of our events there is an additional Pay-it-forward option you can choose to add to your ticket cost. Offering lower or no cost health and wellness events to everyone helps strengthen our community as a whole. When you generously pay-it-forward through your donation, you are a direct part of that strengthening. If you wish to pay by cash or check, please use the email below to arrange registration and payment. If you register online you will immediately receive a confirmation email. Everyone, regardless of how you registered, will receive another email a few days before camp starts, detailing day-of-camp information.
Registering multiple children from the same family? Use code MultiKids at checkout to save $10 off your registration!!!!
WAIT LIST: In the event that a class is full, use the email below to be added to our wait list. If space becomes available, you will be notified right away.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Fees will be refunded if cancellation is made THREE (3) weeks prior to the program start. In all cases a 10% administrative fee will be retained. COVID-SPECIFIC CANCELLATION POLICY: Any class absences due to covid, suspected covid, or any illness will be credited to the following months session.
Questions or concerns? Email me at email@example.com
Yoga Shack Covid Safety Guidelines
To avoid spread of the virus and maintain consistency, we are asking that families commit to the model below.
- Groups will be maintained to 4 or less children (or 7-8 if there are siblings attending- 4 families MAX).
- Class will primarily be held outdoors when possible to reduce exposure.
- NEW DROP OFF ROUTINE!! Parents will drive down alley and stop at the temperature station by the Yoga Shack's back gate. Child will get out of parked car and have their temperature taken by staff, documenting it as their sign-in, and say goodbye to their parent/guardian. Child will enter through the back gate, hang up backpack, wash hands at the outdoor hand washing station and take their physically distanced spot for our centering activity. PICK UP will be the same- children will be ready and waiting by the back gate to be picked up at 12:30
- If it is the child’s first time at the Yoga Shack or they or you are simply feeling nervous about attending, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a private tour of the camp space BEFORE their first camp day.
- Hand washing will be required upon arrival.
- Hand sanitizing and washing will be taught to your child and practiced regularly throughout the day.
- Staff are required to wear a mask, and child(ren) are required to have one with them and encouraged to wear as much as possible. Masks are required when indoors and when working in group focused activities outdoors. Masks are only allowed to be removed when children are working at 6 ft or more distance from others. Masks will be available for purchase at $5 each.
- Children will have individualized supply packs (to avoid sharing).
- Camp or group materials will be sanitized after each use.
- Staff First Aid kits will now include extra masks, hand sanitizer, gloves etc.
- The Yoga Shack will stay abreast to any changes in the Larimer Public Health recommendations.
- The Yoga Shack reserves the right to postpone or cancel camp at any time.
We will be updating this page as decisions are made to assure safety and well-being of camp attendees!
- Ticket type
Sept. Yoga Camp morning $175
Choose this donation amountPrice$175.00Sold Out
- Ticket type
Sept. Yoga Camp morning $185
Choose this donation amountPrice$185.00
- Ticket type
As a pay-it-forward donation yoga studio, we rely on some paying more so that anyone can join the fun regardless of ability to pay. Your generous donation helps bring another child to yoga. Thank You!!Price$15.00
- Ticket type
As a pay-it-forward donation yoga studio, we rely on some paying more so that anyone can join the fun regardless of ability to pay. Your generous donation helps bring another child to yoga. Thank You!!Price$30.00