Mon, Jul 12|
The Yoga Shack
Yoga Mini Camp (07/12)
One full day of fun for your 5-12 year old. Yoga poses, SEL games, read-aloud, related crafts, social justice, & free and outdoor time. Class size is limited to 8 kids (or 6 families). See "About the Event" on the registration page for payment options and COVID-related protocols.
Time & Location
Jul 12, 2021, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
The Yoga Shack, 1122 W Oak St, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
About the Event
Would you like your child to learn simple relaxation techniques to help calm the body and manage strong feelings? Or practice positive thinking to help gain confidence in their abilities? How about learning physical exercises that increase attention and self control? Or even developing community and experiencing support in a group with opportunities to both lead and follow?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this camp is for your kiddo!! We will be utilizing the 8 limbs of yoga through yoga poses, outdoor play, fun social-emotional learning games, sustainable crafts, taking time for snacks and lunch and enjoying a short reflective period.
This is a special mini-camp that meets one day only. It is open to 5-12 year olds. Each one day class will be different and geared towards the ages of kids that are registered. Older campers will have the opportunity, if they desire, to practice leadership in COVID-safe assistant roles throughout the day. Students should wear a MASK, comfortable clothes and bring a water bottle, lunch, snacks, and a book or journal. More COVID specific guidelines are listed at the bottom of this class description. Sunscreen and a sun hat are recommended for outdoor time. Rain gear and warm clothing are recommended as the weather begins to change. We will have outdoor time in ALL weather. Yoga mats and props will be provided.
***When registering your child, please choose the ticket amount that works for your family. Donation choices too high? Email us at the address below so we can find an amount that works for you utilizing our partial to full scholarships. We are a Pay-It forward donation studio, which means will accept any student regardless of abilty to pay. If there is space, no child will be turned away. On most of our events there is an additional Pay-it-forward option you can choose to add to your ticket cost. Offering lower or no cost health and wellness events to everyone helps stengthen our community as a whole. When you generously pay-it-forward through your donation, you are a direct part of that strengthening. If you wish to pay by cash or check, please use the email below to arrange registration and payment. If you register online you will immediately receive a confirmation email. Everyone, regardless of how you registered, will receive another email a few days before camp starts, detailing day-of-camp information.
Registering multiple children from the same family? Use code MultiKids at checkout to save $10 off your registration!!!!
WAIT LIST: In the event that a class is full, use the email below to be added to our wait list. If space becomes available, you will be notified right away.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Fees will be refunded if cancellation is made THREE (3) weeks prior to the program start. In all cases a 10% administrative fee will be retained.
Questions or concerns? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga Shack Covid Safety Guidelines
To avoid spread of the virus and maintain consistency, we are asking that families commit to the model below.
- Groups will be maintained to 6 or fewer children (or 7-8 if there are siblings attending- 6 families MAX).
- Class will primarily be held outdoors when possible to reduce exposure.
- NEW DROP OFF ROUTINE!! Parents will drive down alley and stop at the temperature station by the Yoga Shack's back gate. Child will get out of parked car and have their temperature taken by staff, documenting it as their sign-in, and say goodbye to their parent/guardian. Child will enter through the back gate, hang up backpack, wash hands at the outdoor hand washing station and take their physically distanced spot for our centering activity. PICK UP will be the same- children will be ready and waiting by the back gate to be picked up at 4 PM.
- If it is the child’s first time at the Yoga Shack or they or you are simply feeling nervous about attending, you can email me at email@example.com to set up a private tour of the camp space BEFORE their first camp day.
- Hand washing will be required upon arrival.
- Hand sanitizing and washing will be taught to your child and practiced regularly throughout the day.
- Staff are required to wear a mask, and child(ren) are required to have one with them and encouraged to wear as much as possible. Masks are required when indoors and when working in group focused activities outdoors. Masks are only allowed to be removed when children are working at 6 ft or more distance from others.
- Children will have individualized supply packs (to avoid sharing).
- Camp or group materials will be sanitized after each use.
- Staff First Aid kits will now include extra masks, hand sanitizer, gloves etc.
- The Yoga Shack will stay abreast to any changes in the Larimer Public Health recommendations.
- The Yoga Shack reserves the right to postpone or cancel camp at any time.
We will be updating this page as decisions are made to assure safety and well-being of camp attendees!
- Ticket type
Yoga Mini Camp $65
Choose this donation amountPrice$65.00Sold Out
- Ticket type
Yoga Mini Camp $75
Choose this donation amountPrice$75.00Sold Out
This event is sold out