Fri, Aug 21|
The Yoga Shack
Yoga Mini Camp
One full day of yoga, social emotional games, related crafts, and outdoor time all tailored for your 5-12 year old in times of COVID-19. These are VERY small camps to help keep us safe, honor physical distancing recommendations, and have a super-fun personal experience.
Time & Location
Aug 21, 2020, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
The Yoga Shack, 1122 W Oak St, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
About the Event
Would you like your child to learn simple relaxation techniques to help calm the body and manage strong feelings? Or practice positive thinking to help gain confidence in their abilities? How about learning physical exercises that increase attention and self control? Or even developing community and experiencing support in a group with opportunities to both lead and follow?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this camp is for your kiddo!! We will be moving our bodies through yoga poses, outdoor play, and fun social-emotional learning games. We will also be making related, sustainable crafts, taking time for snacks and lunch and enjoying a short reflective period.
This is a special mini-camp that meets one day only. It is open to 5-10 year olds. (Older children ages 11-12 can attend with a younger sibling). Each one day class will be different and geared towards the ages of kids that are registered. Older campers will have the opportunity (if they desire and only in a very safe way) to practice leadership in assistant roles throughout the day. Students should wear comfortable clothes and a MASK (more guidelines are listed at the bottom of this description) and bring a water bottle, two snacks and a lunch. Please also bring or wear sunscreen and a hat for outdoor play. Yoga mats and any props are provided.
***When registering your child, please choose the ticket amount that works for your family. Donation choices too high? Email us at the address below so we can find an amount that works for you utilizing our partial to full scholarships. We are a Pay-It forward donation studio, which means will accept any student regardless of abilty to pay. If there is space, no child will be turned away. On most of our events there is an additional Pay-it-forward option you can choose to add to your ticket cost. Offering lower or no cost health and wellness events to everyone helps stengthen our community as a whole. When you generously pay-it-forward through your donation, you are a direct part of that strengthening. If you wish to pay by cash or check, please use the email below to arrange registration and payment. If you register online you will immediately receive a confirmation email. Everyone, regardless of how you registered, will receive another email a few days before camp starts, detailing day-of-camp information.
Registering multiple children from the same family? Use code MultiKids at checkout to save $10 off your registration!!!!
WAIT LIST: In the event that a class is full, use the email below to be added to our wait list. If space becomes available, you will be notified right away.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Fees will be refunded if cancellation is made THREE (3) weeks prior to the program start. In all cases a 10% administrative fee will be retained.
Questions or concerns? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID 19 SPECIFIC GUIDELINES
To avoid spread of the virus and maintain consistency, we are asking that families commit to the model above.
- Groups will be maintained to 4 or less children (or 8 if siblings are present- 4 families MAX).
- Class will primarily be held outdoors when possible to reduce exposure.
- Drop-off and pick up will be staggered. Pick-up will occur between 8:45-9AM and with pick-up between 3:45-4:00PM.
- One parent may escort their child to the first gate. Both must be wearing masks. Staff will take child's temperature and document it as their sign-in. Child will say goodbye to parent from there. At the end of the day, children will be packed up with hands washed at that same gate. This helps eliminates extra germs entering our camp and play area and keeps drop-offs and pick-ups efficient. If your child is feeling nervous about attending camp- or you as a parent would like to see the space- please email me at email@example.com to set up a private tour for you and your child prior to camp.
- Hand washing will be required upon arrival.
- Hand sanitizing and washing will be taught to your child and practiced regularly throughout the day.
- Staff are required to wear a mask, and child(ren) are required to have one with them and encouraged to wear as much as possible. Masks are required when indoors and when working in group focused activities outdoors. Masks are only allowed to be removed when children are working at 6 ft or more distance from others. Masks will be available for purchase at $3 each or two for $5.
- Children will have individualized supply packs (to avoid sharing). Monetary donations are being accepted for this added expense.
- Camp or group materials will be sanitized after each use.
- Staff First Aid kits will now include extra masks, hand sanitizer, gloves etc.
- The Yoga Shack will stay abreast to any changes in the Larimer Public Health recommendations.
- The Yoga Shack reserves the right to postpone or cancel camp at any time. (Full refunds will be issued in this case)
We will be updating this page as decisions are made to assure safety and well-being of camp attendees!